About us - Travelopia
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 30 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their industry. Sailing holidays, safaris, adventure holidays, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The range of source markets and destinations covered by Travelopia brands spans all seven continents. This breadth means we can be at the forefront of emerging travel trends and allows us to easily spot opportunities for exciting and innovative new product. Travelopia caters to all sorts of travellers, whether they’re looking for an expertly led group tour or a tailor-made adventure. The majority of the portfolio is positioned towards the higher end of the experiential offering.
The Financial Accountant is a key role for the Travelopia Holdings Limited (THL) finance team, most notably for the accounting and reporting of payroll costs and recharges for a number of our Group’s UK companies; intangible assets and assets under construction; monitoring and control of central function cost centres; and monthly intercompany balance reconciliations.
This role will be based at our head office in Origin One in Crawley, but agile working from home is permitted.
What you will be doing
- Taking responsibility for the accounting for the majority of the UK’s payroll, including variance review of both Dummy and Final payrolls; cost allocations; reviewing changes; checking completeness; recharge queries; invoicing and posting payroll into the SAP general ledger
- Liaising directly with the payroll team in HR to understand and account for the UK payroll costs
- Being responsible for the key THL payroll and payroll bank account balance sheet accounts, checks and key balance reconciliations in SAP. Review of any balance sheet reconciliations that are completed by the THL Financial Controller (FC)
- Having responsibility for bonus, healthcare etc. accruals, together with the capitalisation of payroll costs and allocation of costs amongst the UK entities
- Recharging activities and the reconciliations of intercompany payroll related balances
- Headcount reporting including variance analysis and reporting
- Intercompany reconciliation processes to maintain financial control, P&L and balance sheet reconciliations are undertaken thoroughly, minimising mismatches across numerous entities to a very low level. Preparing intercompany mismatch report on a daily basis during month end reporting
- Preparing weekly cash reporting to THL FC for Cash Analytics submission and maintenance of THL payroll cash book summary. Providing cover for THL FC on the preparation and filing of weekly Cash Analytics reporting in their absence
- Reviewing and accounting for project costs and fixed asset accounting and responsible for the reconciliation of SAP fixed asset codes on a monthly basis
- Being responsible for the processing of Business Travel invoices from Group companies and the internal processing to THL cost centres and where necessary onward to other Group businesses
- Providing assistance to the THL FC on areas such as preparation and filing of the Company’s VAT return and reporting in Hyperion Financial Management (“HFM”), the Group’s financial consolidation system
- Cost centre reviews and periodic reviews with cost centre owners to ensure high levels of monitoring and cost control are in place
- Providing assistance to cost centre managers (or their teams) in how to carry out basic tasks in SAP such as the raising of Purchase Orders, goods receipting and processing of invoices for payment and supporting the THL FC on the quarterly SAP User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
What we are looking for
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified Finance professional
- Experience of accounting for Payroll costs and Group recharges and allocations
- Previous experience of financial and management accounting and reporting for a number of UK companies
- Demonstration of an ability to improve financial processes and controls across all areas within the area of responsibility
- Excellent Excel and analysis skills – data manipulation, reconciliation, formulas, pivot tables etc.
- Comfortable with sensitive & confidential data
- Previous experience of SAP 4/Hana and Hyperion (HFM - the Group’s financial consolidation system) would be beneficial but not essential
- Organised, dedicated, process and compliance orientated, and deadline focused
- Ability to build strong working relationships and communicate with people at all levels across the business
Join us and in return you will also be rewarded with
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Various employee discounts and offers – including travel
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities