You are passionate about delivering world class mechanical/customer service and you are looking to join a great team within a successful and growing business. You will be ambitious and as excited as we are to improve and grow operations and customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced mechanic/technician to join the Le Boat team full time all year round where you will play a key role in preparing the boat yard for arriving customers for the 2019 season. Duties include assisting in the receiving of boats off trucks, prepping boats with equipment over the winter, commissioning and launching in the spring, hauling in the fall and setting up the marine shop with equipment and supplies.
You will also become proficient in all operations and maintenance of the boats including electrical and mechanical systems and performing boater training with customers prior to clients leaving on their charter. Trial runs are the very important customer orientation lessons that all clients of Le Boat receive before embarking on their boating vacation. Special attention is given to safety and the ability of the customer to handle the vessel. As well as being an expert in operating, maintaining, handling and educating clients, your boating knowledge of the River Thames will be invaluable.
We are seeking a strong, enthusiastic, flexible and experienced Technician who is passionate about boating and has solid mechanical and customer service backgrounds. The ability to switch from a mechanical frame of mind to customer service will be a great asset.
- In charge of mechanical maintenance/repairs to 36 and 45ft. fiberglass boats as per company standards
- Knowledge of marine diesels and competent systems
- In charge of technical interventions on pumps, batteries, diesel engines, electrical, propane and hydraulic connections
- Ability to perform installations of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Ability to perform small cosmetic fiberglass repairs
- Maintain the fleet to the highest of standards in terms of presentation to the customer and reliability
- Maintain maintenance schedule as per manufactures warranty
- Control of inventory for adequate supply of parts
- Liaise with Base Head Tech & Base Manager day to day prioritizing work in efficient manner
- Instruct and educate clients during boat orientation and trail runs through locks if needed
- Ensure boat briefings and training leave customer feeling confident with their boat
- Ability to travel with company vehicles to off-site locations to do emergency repairs and attend customer needs (a call out schedule will be put in place for out of hours support in season)
- Hauling/launching, commissioning and de-commissioning of fleet
- Gas dock operations as needed, watering, fuelling and pumping out holding tanks
- Ensure boats are in good shape to be turned around and presented in pristine condition.
- Support customers throughout their cruise in terms of technical assistance, breakdown call outs and general tourist/boater information and advice.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to carry out a wide range of duties determined by business needs.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in boat maintenance required
- Certificate from a marine college or equivalent (an advantage)
- Ability to read specifications and installation instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build internal relationships and deliver exceptional service to customers
- Excellent organization prioritizing skills
- A passion for boating and relevant experience