Reporting to the Base Manager, as the Assistant base manager you will be responsible for the good functioning of the customer facing operations, customer ‘s satisfaction, the quality of the services delivered, the boats condition according to the company standards and the team and their well-being.
- Maintain the good quality of the services provided – ensure all customers are perfectly welcomed by you or by the team in place
- Control the good application of the pre /post departure procedure
- Deal with all customers ‘s demands /requests and claims till they resolved in collaboration with the base manager and regional manager when serious/major accident/incident
FINANCES AND ADMINISTRATIVE
- Maintain accounts of the base, management of the accounting documents/vouchers, and manage cash system
- Manage the variable elements of the wages for each of the member team as well as work planning and hours
- Control the budget of the base and its optimization
- Global administrative management of the base and ensure good relationship with the different partners
- Management of the relations with the local community
- Communication of monthly reporting.
- Manage the local income ( sales of extras)
- Ensure all identity documents for boats are in compliance.
- Control the good condition and the maintenance of the fleet/Interior as per company standards as well as the overall cleanliness of the boats
- Notify the accidents and issue detailed reports
- Maintain the base and the cleanliness making sure it’s welcoming and secured for everyone.
- Ensure all access to boats are in compliance and marked accordingly
- Assist with break down planning during season.
- Ensure staff correctly carry out their functions and have a good presentation.
- Ensure staff is correctly trained for their tasks
- Manage the teamwork planning according the bookings and departures
- Ensure staff wear security equipment and follow the health and security rules
- Ensure staff wear Uniform
- Ensure labour legislation is applied
- Staff Conflict and staff development are dealt in collaboration with the Base and Regional Manager.
- Ensure company cars are in good condition and in compliance – insurance, technical control etc..
- Ensure staff is legally authorized to drive the company cars.
PARTICULARITY OF THE POSITION
During the season, work on the week end , bank holidays and school holidays , resting days will be taken during the week.
Potential travels is envisaged to support other operations bases.
- Customers oriented
- Good Communications skills
- Good organizational skills
- Meet challenges and show initiative
- Good computer skills – internal training will be provided for cash system and bookings system
- Understand the complexity of the industry and the product
- Knowledge of the inland waterways industry and boats (an advantage)
- Boat License (an advantage)