We are excited to be recruiting for an Operations Specialist to join our well-established team of like-minded travelers for our Europe Express and Go-Today brands. The main responsibilities of the role are to give support to the Reservations Team by accurately processing reservations and confirming services. This position works directly with international vendors and answers calls from customers regarding travel documents.
Established in 1990, Europe Express specializes in providing high quality, affordable travel. We create customized itineraries at competitive prices for all of your needs including air, hotel, special accommodation, rail, car rental, transfers, sightseeing and pre/post cruise packages. With the most extensive product and services throughout Europe’s 22 most visited countries, we provide seamless, multi-destination travel experiences from beginning to end.
Europe Express is part of Travelopia, which is headquartered in the UK and is one of the world’s leading specialist travel groups providing customers with unique travel experiences. This includes adventure travel, safaris, private jet and polar expeditions, tailor-made luxury holidays, yacht and river boat charter holidays, educational and sporting based school trips, corporate hospitality and sporting event fan travel.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Provide excellent customer service, support, and information to all company personnel and customers
- Accurately quote, confirm, issue rail tickets and reservations using Rail Europe
- Assist with training staff on rail products and assist in determining continuing education needs. Update staff with Rail product and procedure changes
- Accurately process requests and confirmations for hotels, transfers, sightseeing and cars while following company policies and procedures
- Assist managers with customer service emails, research, follow up, and calls
- Ability to make independent decisions with customers and coworkers while maintaining our customer service standards and financial profitability
- Support reservation staff
- Maintain ongoing communication with manager about procedures and problems and offer suggestions for resolutions
- Timely response to all co-workers and customers; following through with resolution
- Process email correspondence
- Quality control of final documentation sent to clients
- Keep queues at a manageable level
- Process and ship documents
- Other tasks assigned by Supervisor or Manager
- Minimum education requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Good time management and ability to multi-task
- Courteous and professional telephone manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook
- Proficiency in Amadeus and Rail Europe ERA system a plus
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment