Travelopia is one of the world’s leading specialist travel groups providing customers with a diverse range of unique travel experiences. This includes adventure travel, safaris, private jet and polar expeditions, tailor-made luxury holidays, yacht and river boat charter holidays, educational and sporting based school trips, corporate hospitality and sporting event fan travel. Private equity owned by KKR, Travelopia is headquartered in the UK with offices and marine bases all over the world.
Enchanting Travels, Europe Express and YMT Vacations are specialist brands in our portfolio that operate in both B2B and B2C environments. Each with individual business models, structures, people and challenges, this role supports all these brands as they collectively strive for exponential growth over the next year.
Capability, culture and performance are essential enablers that underpin the delivery of our new 3 year plan, so as demand returns and we are rebuilding the teams – a critical building block is investing again in the People/HR team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in a leadership role – the scale up will be fast paced and exciting, and our ambition to have a world class performance culture built on a strong commercial and entrepreneurial mindset requires HR transformation.
The core purpose of the role is twofold -
- Create and lead the people transformation agenda for 2 of our core Business Units – defining the capability, capacity and culture enablers that support the successful delivery of the ambitious 3 year growth plans. This is a very exciting opportunity for an individual with a global mindset and a pragmatic but strategic leadership approach – requiring the job holder to be very hands-on but also very clear about the longer-term objectives and direction needed to deliver the business plans
- This role is also a key position in the Travelopia Group People Leadership Team who together lead and shape the Group business and People Plans, but who also define and execute all people policies, plans and activities for the businesses they partner. This role will need to be able to demonstrate the “best of both worlds model” – Group and Business working together.
Post Covid Travelopia is adopting a hybrid working model – encouraging everyone to work in a way that combines the best of work at home whilst also having the benefits of some face to face time in an office. Both Quark & TCS are global businesses with global teams, and whilst this role will be based in Toronto there will be a requirement to travel to teams and offices around the world.
Enchanting Travels, Europe Express and YMT Vacations are all re-building for growth in a post Covid world. Whilst their histories, culture and ways of working are different, creating scalable foundations for growth in the longer term is a business priority. The People transformation agenda is a critical part of this. All three brands and in particular ET, are global businesses with global teams, and whilst this role will be based in Denver there will be a requirement to travel to teams and offices around the world.
- Partner the CEO/MD to develop a strategic people, culture and capability transformation plan for each business.
- Build strong and productive working relationships with all members of the leadership teams. Act as partner and provocateur to ensure progress and momentum on each aspect of the people plan.
- Customer focus
- Commercial mindset:
- Refine our existing performance management to shape a high performance organization culture
- Build leadership and people manager capability – drive interventions and reinforce/lead through personal coaching, challenging and influencing all people managers across all three brands.
- Work in partnership with all aspects of the global HR team in particular COEs across the Group to ensure the successful delivery of HRSS, payroll, TA and L&D.
In order to be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience
- Experience in managing change and transformation
- Experience working in a world class HR practice that can be translated into a pragmatic, fast paced, ambiguous and entrepreneurial environment
- Track record of taking tough decisions with assertiveness yet in a humane way
- Experience working in an environment with global, cross cultural and interdependent teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think and operate strategically to support both the people agenda and overall company strategy
- Effective communicator with strong influencing skills and the ability to establish trust and respect at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
Who doesn’t love travel? And for you this is an opportunity to engage with travel as a career! This is a really unique opportunity for many reasons - here are a couple!
- The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
- Having an impact. You have an impact on our global team and beyond this, on many people and organizations, through contributing to enriching peoples’ lives through the joy of personalized travel, in a passionate, ethical, and genuinely caring way.
- Support for your growth. Our leadership team will guide and support you to help you succeed and grow. We invest time and resources in the growth and development of our team. We listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
If you are ready to step into this challenge and are excited by the growth agenda, we want to hear from you. Please apply explaining why you will be a success in this role.