The Specialist – Email Marketing & Content, is responsible for executing and managing YMT Vacations direct response email campaign activity, acquiring new prospects, and converting existing prospects into customers. The Specialist, Email Marketing & Content is additionally responsible for YMT blog content strategy and editorial calendar management, as well as email execution for Europe Express and Go-Today brands, sister brand with unique target audiences.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working in conjunction with other YMT internal stakeholders, plan, create and execute daily tactical email activity to generate leads and conversions needed to achieve company sales targets.
- Lead YMT email strategy and campaign development, becoming a power user of Hubspot to drive performance. Use A/B testing to optimize performance.
- Establish and manage targeting and list segmentation strategies.
- Design YMT personalized messaging strategies to address each segment and stage of the customer journey.
- Plan and execute all other YMT email campaigns for email workflows, product launches, newsletters, new prospect generation, referral program, 3rd party affiliates, reviews and others.
- Execute Europe Express and Go-Today emails as determined by brand content/destination strategies. Work with key brand stakeholders to manage content creation, review and reporting.
- Analyze performance and publish tracking metrics to measure the success (or failure) of all marketing efforts under the MS’s responsibility and be proactive in using available data to improve future campaign performance.
- Lead the blog content strategy and execution including, SEO optimization, proofreading, and editorial calendar management. Work with cross-functional team members on social media content sharing plans.
- Contribute to YMT digital marketing strategy planning.
- Stay current on best practices and advances in email marketing and content marketing.
- Other projects and/or duties as assigned by Director of Marketing.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or a related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital marketing.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize workload within a fast-paced environment, while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Experience with email marketing using automation tools; Hubspot experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
- Analytical and results driven.
- Strong writing, editing, curating, and content creation skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred.