We are seeking a skilled Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Yachts Divisional Finance team, based in Croatia. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller for the Travelopia Yachts Division, we are looking for a professional individual fluent in both English and Croatian languages (written and verbal).
We are a division of a UK group called Travelopia. The division is made up of 21 operating companies across 15 countries. Two of these companies are based in Croatia – The Moorings Doo and Sunsail Adriatic Doo.
The Yachts business is an extremely exciting part of the Marine businesses operating a global fleet of over 900 boats, selling both Yachts and Charter holidays to a worldwide market under the brands The Moorings, Sunsail and Leopard Catamarans.
What you will be doing
- Gaining a strong understanding of our business model and accounting methodology applied across the Group
- Understanding local reporting requirements in Croatia, how these differ from IFRS and maintaining reconciliations between the two
- Understanding the differences between local and group accounts. Working on reconciliation between local and group accounts and presenting results to the Financial Controller
- Ongoing monthly reconciliation of local accounts and IFRS for VAT and statutory purposes
- Ensuring that local and group bookings have valid supporting documents to ensure compliance with external audit
- Working closely with the Financial Controller on establishing business processes
- Further understanding of statutory and tax regulatory requirements
- Undertaking any other duties relevant to the key tasks and responsibilities identified by the Financial Controller
What we are looking for
- Qualified accountant with strong tax and accounting background
- Experience in accounting, audit or tax - minimum 3 years
- Fluent in Croatian and English
- Intermediate Excel expertise (i.e. v-lookup, pivot tables)
- Proactivity and someone looking for improvement on a consistent basis and taking responsibility for implementing identified improvements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and manage various projects at once
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Dynamics AX 9.0 and SWING is beneficial
This role also offers some flexible working from home.
If you are looking for a new challenge, have good accounting experience, and keen to work in a fast-paced environment for an exciting travel company then this may be the opportunity for you. Apply today!