Travelopia is the world's largest collection of experiential travel brands. Private equity-owned; we are headquartered in the UK with specialist brands that operate across every corner of the globe. We are making significant investments in our IT capabilities, while also, driving a cost efficiency programme to mitigate the impact of the global pandemic on our business.
What you will be doing
The IT Procurement Manager’s core responsibility is to manage jointly with IT c. £10m of IT external OpEx spend spread across 300 + suppliers. The key objectives are to improve efficiency (reduce cost) AND modernize our digital capabilities by:
- Delivering YoY reduction of external IT OpEx by renegotiating contracts, supporting the change of IT solutions to improve cost and benefit to the business and to review and identify opportunities for in/outsourcing or offshoring of IT services
- Contracting of key IT services, full ownership of maintaining current IT contracts, preparing and negotiating new contracts and managing the relationship with these key suppliers
- Spend analysis, opportunity assessment and planning, identify and prioritise cost efficiency opportunities, improve detailed IT OpEx spend baseline by working with IT and Finance at Group and individual brands to understand spend by supplier, product and service. To develop and agree with IT teams the annual IT procurement cost-efficiency
- Support selected non-IT procurement efficiency projects
What we are looking for
- Significant IT procurement experience gained within a global, complex, multi-brand business.
- Demonstrable success in delivering IT savings.
- Good understanding of key areas of IT services and structure of supplier contracts (e.g. Microsoft, AWS, Salesforce, Google PPC, cloud telephony, internet connectivity, mobile telephony)
- Prior experience working on IT outsourcing/offshoring is an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills; embraces fact‐based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modelling
- Strong project management skills
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others
- Bias for action and track record of driving tangible impact
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or related field required.
This is a newly created role in a dynamic and complex travel business. If you are excited by the scope and reach of this role and can demonstrate your success within a similar business, we look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you.