We are looking for an experienced Head of Facilities to join us here at Travelopia! Travelopia is the world’s leading experiential travel business. Our brands include Moorings and Sunsail – the global leaders in sailing yachts charter; Quark – a polar expedition cruise company operating trips to North Pole, Arctic and Antarctica; TCS World Travel – a private jet luxury travel business; Hayes & Jarvis – a luxury tour operator; Exodus - an adventure travel specialist; Le Boat – a canal boat charter specialist. Our key offices are in Crawley (Sussex, UK), Surbiton (Surrey, UK), Seattle (US), Toronto (Canada); some of our staff is also based in France, Greece, Croatia, British Virgin Island, Florida and other locations (www.travelopia.com). Travelopia is owned by KKR, the world’s leading private equity firm (www.kkr.com).
Our brands operate from over 30 offices, including 6 offices in the UK (Crawley, Surbiton, High Wycombe, Brighton, Northwich, Tewkesbury), 2 offices in Ireland (Dublin and Belfast), 8 offices in the USA, offices in France, Netherland, Germany, Spain, Australia and other countries.
Core Responsibilities of Head of Facilities
- Safely operate our two main UK offices (Origin One, Crawley (c. 150 staff) and DST House, Surbiton, Surrey (c. 200 staff) with support of an office manager based in DST House (Surbiton)
- Lead Health & Safety work related to all our offices in the UK & Ireland
- Support strategic facilities-related projects (e.g. re-fit plans, relocation, exit/dilapidation negotiations, lease extension)
- Provide ad-hoc support related to the operation of the other offices in the UK (High Wycombe, Brighton, Northwich, Tewkesbury) and Ireland (Dublin, Belfast)
- Define and share best practices for office management and H&S with teams operating other offices around the world
Details of your Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain two main UK offices (Origin One and DST House) to a high standard. This includes being the main point of contact for all facilities queries and requests from internal staff or external visitors and contractors.
- Manage all utility, consumable and operational contracts for the building, liaising and negotiating the best contract terms with suppliers.
- Identify and pre-empt possible issues with maintenance of the building. Ensure the sites are properly maintained.
- Ensure all sites have enough fire marshals and first aiders on site.
- Comply and update where necessary all building procedures, policies and risk assessments (including new process due to covid-19)
- Liaise with service providers, such as cleaners to ensure buildings are clean and tidy.
- Manage all staff and building H&S, including desk assessments, ensuring correct numbers of fire marshals and first aiders and building compliance, all building policies and procedures including risk assessments to be followed and updated regularly.
- Ensure all sites have enough security in place and buildings are left secure. Be responsible for all site’s security and lock-up procedures.
- Manage on-site office manager based in DST House (Surbiton); be on call for any issues that require assistance. Manage holiday and sickness cover where necessary.
- Project manage any re-fit plans, liaise with staff and contractors on design and implementation.
- Manage or aid internal staff relocation, design seating plans with help from department heads.
- Travel to each site when required to show a presence and support on building or H&S issues when necessary, liaise with office managers to ensure all compliance is up to date.
- Monitor lease renewal dates, update directors to upcoming dates to ensure enough time to re-negotiate or relocation.
- Responsible for secure data storage for all visitor and accident book information according to GDPR regulation.
- Monitor the spend against budget of building costs throughout all sites, responsible for Stationary, catering, security, cleaning, utilities, maintenance (planned and responsive)
- Liaise with office managers and department heads on feedback or suggestions of services and how to improve them.
- Build relations with assistants at each site to ensure safe running of building when Facilities manager is not on-site, communication essential to ensure issues are dealt with promptly.
- Regular updates to directors to ensure all sites are following the business future pathway.
What we are looking for
- Track record of having effectively managed a similar portfolio of properties in the UK
- Experience of having independently managed property-related projects (e.g. re-fit, office relocation, exit/dilapidations negotiations). Project management includes scoping the work, providing input on design/layout, defining supplier brief, sending the brief to minimum 3 suppliers, negotiating the rates, overseeing works, signing off finished work
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety regulation and best practices related to office facilities management
- Preferably from a mechanical & electrical engineering or construction background
- Preferably IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to make decisions based on experience, and able to problem-solve maintenance issues
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office/Excel)
- High level of confidentiality due to the nature of exposure to sensitive information
- Be physically fit to handle heavy handling duties and move office furniture as required
- Willing to be a first aider and fire marshal
- Experience in managing direct reports over multiple sites
- Legionella awareness qualification
- Budget control
- Flexible in terms of working hours, due to the nature of the role out of hours call out can occur.
- Willingness to travel including stayover
Working with us
Join us and in return, you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.