Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
The Polar Travel Client Experience Team is responsible for all services, enquiries, documentations, follow-ups post deposit/confirmation as well as responsible to drive and support ancillary sales and sales for a selection of identified key accounts. The team is working very closely with the Global Polar Travel Advisors.
- Answering customer inquiries regarding payment, service, and general client queries via email, phone & live chat post deposit payment and/or confirmation of booking.
- Listen and ask the right questions to discover the needs of each individual traveller
- Responsible for the fulfillment and follow-up of B2B and Web bookings.
- Update customer information in the CRM/Softrip during and after each client touchpoint.
- Follow up with clients post-sale to use the opportunity to upsell or offer ancillary product
- Booking extra services and special requests, ensuring onboard and ground teams are aware.
- Handling all client’s requests for changes or cancellations regarding any services on their booking.
- Liaising with suppliers for pre/post, flights and insurance needs of the passenger.
- Responsible for supplier communications to ensure all services are provided as booked.
- Keeping clients informed and updated of all changes to flights and itineraries.
- Taking payments and following up on late ones.
- Chasing missing details when required in conjunction with the Support Team
- Responsible for post-sales written and phone communication and ensuring actions with clients.
- Responding to unsatisfied customer complaints post-travel.
- Help to co-ordinate and manage any emergency situations.
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem-solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers
Skills and Experience
- Strong Sales and customer experience
- A love of customer service, sales & travel
- Exceptional customer service and superior selling skills are essential
- Excellent English & German communication skills, verbal and written.
- Problem solving / complaint resolution skills
- Able to separate themselves in frustrating situations and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as required
- Flexible and energetic, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Capable to use a variety of computer programs confidently and efficiently
- Experience of different reservation systems and CRM/ Sales Force preferable
- Need to have the natural ability to inspire and be self-motivated
If you are fluent in English and German, have a love of highly detailed work, customer service, and will thrive in a fast-moving environment then this is the opportunity for you, please contact us today and apply!