This role will be accountable for the successful operations of the hospitality establishments within The Moorings Tortola base, which includes three food and beverage outlets, a 35 room hotel, conference and events facilities, a marina, and several 3rd party concession outlets. You will be responsible for maximising the commercial opportunity and managing and mitigating risks whilst ensuring the customer experience offered is best in class; to support our strategic direction to become the number one resort and marina in the Caribbean.
What you will be doing:
- Set the strategic direction and assume overall responsibility and ownership for the efficient, compliant, and successful running of the resort
- Work with the General Manager and VP of Operations to create a business plan to maximize the future commercial potential of the resort
- Review the customer journey across the full resort to maximize experience and encourage repeat guests
- Responsible for successful local events, including marketing, pricing, and delivery to proactively increase local resort revenue
- Responsible for attracting new third-party concessions to the resort, managing existing relationships with current concessions (spa & several boutiques), including overseeing contract negotiations,
- Keep up to date with the trends of the hospitality industry to propose new initiatives that will improve the competitive advantage of the resort to maximize occupancy and service levels.
- Support the implementation of any technology solutions in the resort
- Overall responsibility for managing the resort P&L, including the capex budget.
- Accurate and timely financial reporting, management of margin to maximize commercial success, and working closely with the Head of Finance to control costs and promote efficiencies.
- Monitor and analyze the activity/booking levels of the hotel, and work with the yield team to recommend price flexing to meet demand as necessary. Identity and implement structured KPI reporting to ensure the hotel is operating successfully
- Ensure good working capital management including, timely collection of resort related receivables and stock management.
- Oversee the successful launch of a new supermarket on the resort. Ongoing management of procurement, ensuring optimum stock levels and product offering to deliver both an in-store shopping experience, and yacht provisioning service
- Lead by example through managing and motivating your team to operate the resort effectively, including leadership of the resort, security, laundry and marina teams
- Organization of the day to day scheduling of staff and operations
- Work with the HR Partner to ensure training & development plans are in place for the team to ensure high levels of customer service are achieved through continuous performance management and training
- Ensure clear procedures & standards are set out for staff, including Health & Safety and Hygiene standards – ensure these meet local health, hygiene and safety protocol
- Communicate and enforce company safety standards and operating practices at all times
- Conduct staff reviews, appraisals and any disciplinary or grievance matters, with the support of the HR partner
- Establish, develop, and maintain professional working relationships with all department managers, local staff and external suppliers
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with business stakeholders
Skills, Qualifications, Experience
The ideal candidate with have the following:
- A strong knowledge and experience of the hospitality industry with exceptional business acumen and commercial awareness
- Proven ability to lead an operational team to drive success
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately and multi-task. Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Teamwork is essential as the successful candidate will be required work closely with various departments
- Strong leadership skills are required to supervise a large team
- Experience with large purchasing volumes
- Experience within a 4 or 5 star hospitality environment would be an advantage.