Within our yachts brands, The Moorings and Sunsail, we have an abiding passion for sailing, by taking sailing holidays to the next level across the most spectacular destinations worldwide which keep our customers coming back again and again! From independent sailing holidays to fully catered crewed and power yacht charters we offer our customers a range of product options, and most importantly an unforgettable experience.
The secret to our success within the yacht industry lies in our exceptional teams, we’re united by the same mission: to have fun while creating extraordinary experiences on the water.
The Moorings and Sunsail are leading yacht charter organisations with a high degree of focus on health and safety for our employees and customers alike.
The Technical Manager will work with the Technical Director and Operations Managers across the network of bases to ensure high standards of maintenance, quality, and safety assurance of our global fleet of yachts.
Working hours vary and you must be able to cover operational requirements as the business requires. You may at times be required to assist with other duties outside of those listed below. You must be happy to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays.
What you will be doing
- Immediate focus will be required for the completion of the yacht recovery project in the BVIs in coordinating insurance repairs using our inhouse recovery team and contractors (circa110 personnel), ensuring adherence to the insurance process, incorporating clear supporting documentation of all works and costs.
- Partner with our operations managers and technical teams to ensure that all technical feedback is communicated and documented accordingly.
- Communicate with our operations managers and technicial teams worldwide to review works carried out through agreed maintenance schedules in accordance with manufacturing guidelines
- Work with our operations managers and technicial teams worldwide to review and monitor all insurance claims and introduce mitigation opportunities for future losses.
- Review the work of the manufacturers and suppliers to ensure warranty tracking and follow up globally.
- Consolidate and communicate all Service Advisories, Notice of Modification and maintain updates on the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that agreed safety and operational standards are adhered to and reported upon.
- Provide technical information for the improvement of yacht systems.
- Continuous evaluation of base feedback on equipment specification and review with purchasing.
- Review of specifications and costing per yacht model.
- Remain current with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Identify learning and development needs of the technical team and assist in resolving through training
- Ensure performance reviews through the SMART process are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Constant understanding of our environmental impact and provide further opportunities for sustainability.
- Partner with IT to review and implement digital processes
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and projects as requested by management.
What we are looking for
- Degree level or qualified through experience in marine engineering or yacht surveying
- Knowledgeable and experienced on all aspects of yacht maintenance
- Have a full understanding of maritime health and safety and legislation
- A strong leader with proven management and decision-making skills
- Good numerical ability and demonstrable computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation
- A yacht master certificate or equivalent preferred
- Detail oriented
- Travel will be a necessity and maybe periodic