This is a great opportunity for an experienced People Partner to join the world’s premier yacht charter brands at their flagship base in the British Virgin Islands, giving yourself the chance to evolve your career within the marine industry.
Travelopia is the world's largest collection of experiential travel brands. Private equity owned, we are head quartered in the UK with specialist brands that operate across every corner of the globe. THL Marine, the marine branch of our business, manages the worlds' leading sailing yacht, power yacht and canal boat charter business with over 2,500 yachts operating in 50 destinations in the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Europe, Asia and the South Pacific. THL Marine operates the leading charter brands; The Moorings (www.moorings.com), Sunsail (www.sunsail.com), Footloose and LeBoat (www.leboat.com).
Sunsail and The Moorings are 2 incredible brands offering customer’s unique holiday experiences out on the water. From independent sailing holidays to fully catered crewed and power yachts charter we offer our customers a 5* service. Operating across the globe, we’re passionate about being the very best and pride ourselves on the providing unforgettable holiday’s that truly last a lifetime. With over 50 years’ experience, we are the industry leaders in yacht charter.
What you will be doing:
As a People Partner, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with Senior Management team to create and deliver commercial People Plans across BVI and the Caribbean
- Line management of BVI-HR Business Partner
- Work with EMEA People Partner to ensure consistency across regions.
- Managing and facilitating effective HR activity within the locations in which you are assigned
- Building people management capability for the locations by coaching, challenging and influencing senior leaders and managers
- Manage Visa and immigration paperwork process efficiently
- Driving employee engagement and talent management to leverage the link between engagement and high performance
- Drive talent management initiatives to develop and retain high performers and high potential employee’s in the business to meet future capability requirements
- Lead HR change programmes to reduce the cost base so our business is sustainable and competitive and provide advice on planning, implementation and communication of organisational changes
- Responsible for Reward with the implementation of the overall Reward strategy for your locations and lead the annual and monthly pay review process
- Work with the central Talent team to Improve local recruitment processes and foster international mobility
- Establish best practice and guidelines for global HR work, taking care of the specific needs of the world-wide offices and striving to achieve the right degree of international harmonization
- Create and implement new HR initiatives, policies and systems collaborating with HR Shared Service teams and People team globally
- Assist with projects such as: internal job grading and salary banding; global policy review; and the global Engagement Survey etc.
- Be a point of escalation for day-to-day HR issues from support staff
- Any other ad hoc projects or duties as required – as you will be a senior member of the team, this may involve non HR related activity
What we are looking for:
- HR degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to motivate, decision making, management, written and verbal communication
- Leadership/Managerial experience
- Excellent prioritization
- Strong Interpersonal Communication.
- Problem Solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong Collaboration skills
- Passion for the Yachting and Tourism industry
Excited by this opportunity? Then please contact us today!