Travelopia manages the worlds’ leading sailing yacht, power yacht and canal boat charter business with over 2,500 yachts operating in over 70 destinations in the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Europe, Asia and the Pacific. Travelopia operates the leading charter brands; The Moorings, Sunsail, and Footloose. Sunsail and The Moorings brands operate in multi-source markets.
This role will help lead the Sunsail and The Moorings UK Marketing team working closely with the wider internal commercial teams to deliver acquisition and retention campaigns across digital and offline channels, which are integrated, consistent and effective. Success factors include managing the marketing budget, delivery of all marketing activities on time and to budget and being able to demonstrate the value of activity through effective measurement.
Sunsail is a global brand, with the UK as its lead market and The Moorings, although a global brand, is in need of increasing its market share to the UK audience. The management role requires someone who will champion the brands, drive forward new initiatives using data and insight to ensure maximum conversion. We are looking for someone with experience of managing multiple projects, inclusive of events and budgets with a collaborative approach working across teams and departments and having the ability to review performance and provide in-depth reports. An interest in sailing would be a distinct advantage.
What you will be doing:
- With the support of the UK Senior Marketing Manager, conceive, manage and implement marketing strategies, plans and budgets for the UK, ensuring that these are in line with global marketing and brand strategy.
- Manage the budget controlled process, including recording of all spend and tracking against plan. Monitor and report on a monthly process with the assistance of internal finance teams.
- Work with the in-house digital teams to ensure web and digital marketing activities (email, website updates, online advertising, CRM, SEO, PPC and online partnerships) are incorporated into the plan for a truly integrated approach.
- Develop and implement integrated and multi-channel marketing campaigns for the UK market, ensuring appropriate customer segments are targeted through relevant channels with engaging messaging and content and alignment with brand visual and verbal identity.
- Develop and implement a strong cross-marketing strategy with the Port Solent marketing executive to help drive and support the business model, which includes the arrival of a new fleet of yachts arriving in March 2020.
- Evaluate and report monthly on effectiveness of marketing activities and initiatives and provide recommendations for optimising marketing ROI. Ensure insights are fed back to the Senior Marketing Manager and the wider executive team.
- Manage the design, production and fulfillment of all marketing collateral, including the annual Sunsail brochures, working alongside the marketing services team.
- Identify third-party partnerships, sponsorships and event opportunities, initiate and drive those collaborative marketing opportunities to the benefit of Sunsail and The Moorings.
- Ensure delivery of strong and effective presence at boat shows, maximizing opportunities for new customer acquisition, and continually seeking ways to improve our presence, or exploit other event opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in managing online and offline marketing, including print, direct mail, social media and email marketing, preferably events and partnerships/sponsorship.
- Evidence of campaign management, including successful new customer acquisition initiatives and CRM.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to demonstrate how insights have driven ongoing improvements in marketing activity.
- Experience of managing and reporting on marketing budgets and communications plans.
- Excellent communication and copywriting, presentation, organisational, and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise tasks efficiently and consistently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong competency with CRM and platforms such as Hubspot.
- A passion for travel and the ability to travel to destinations featured.
- Knowledge of and passion for sailing not essential but a distinct advantage.
Working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Agile working environment
- Online learning and development learning academy
- Employee travel discounts across all product types
- Access to our exclusive rewards portal
- 25 days annual leave
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities