The position of the Accounts Assistant involves supporting the management of the BVI base financial controls, including payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable, and assisting in ensuring all balance sheet items are reconciled and financial data is accurate for reporting. The role will report to the Finance Manager.
The Yachts business is an extremely exciting part of the Marine division operating a global fleet of over 900 boats, selling to a worldwide market. The position is a key role within the finance team.
Within our yachts brands, Leopard Catamarans, The Moorings and Sunsail, not only do we develop and sell state-of-the-art catamarans, but we plan and execute fantastic yacht charter adventures across Europe, the Caribbean and beyond.
At Leopard Catamarans we design spacious, robust, performance-driven cruising catamarans which are highly adaptable to sunny destinations!
Within our charter brands, The Moorings and Sunsail, we have an abiding passion for sailing, by taking sailing holidays to the next level across the most spectacular destinations worldwide which keep our customers coming back again and again! From independent sailing holidays to fully catered crewed and power yacht charters we offer our customers a range of product options, and most importantly an unforgettable experience.
The secret to our success within the yacht industry lies in our exceptional teams, we’re united by the same mission: to have fun while creating extraordinary experiences on the water.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the preparation of the fully reconciled balance sheet accounts each month, and the production of monthly analysis of balance sheets and cash movements.
- Assisting in the preparation of bank reconciliations and cash management including daily banking, receipts, VISA & Amex reconciliation, and processing cheques.
- Assisting in accounting for the companies petty cash, verifying the requests, seeking necessary approvals, and reimbursing the float when all expenditure has been signed off. Preparing and uploading all journals relating to petty cash expenditure for approval by the Finance Manager
- Preparing and uploading standard routine month end journals, for approval by the Finance Manager.
- Responsible for all elements of Accounts Receivable, including 3rd party invoices for tenants to ensure they are recoded in Dynamics, issued, matched and chased when overdue. Ensure that new customers are correctly set up on the sales ledger.
- At the end of the month, highlight to the Finance Manager and Financial controller any over due accounts. Prepare and upload journals relating to any overdue accounts, and manage the balance sheet reconciliation for these items.
- Audit commission payments from 3rd party tenants at least once per quarter and highlight to the Financial Controller any differences.
- Responsible for the company uniform issuance, keeping detailed records, preparing monthly expense journals, and performing quarterly stock checks. Informing the Financial controller when stocks are low and need replenishing.
- Responsible for office stationery, ensuring the area is kept neat and tidy, and requests for stationery are fulfilled. Preparing and uploading monthly expense journals for issuance of printer toner cartridges, and assisting the Finance Manager with the reconciliation of the balance sheet account for these items. Informing the Financial Controller when stocks are low and need replenishing.
- Prepare monthly report for Renport, including any journals needed, for approval by the Financial Controller.
- Assist in the accounts payable function, including inputting invoices into the financial system ensuring all relevant approval procedures are followed.
- Assist in the accounts receivable function, ensuring that overdue accounts are reviewed and highlighted to the Finance Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the bi-weekly payroll
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation and payments of NHI, Social Security, and Payroll Tax
- Assist in the annual reconciliation and payment of hotel taxes
- Undertaking any other duties relevant to the key tasks and responsibilities identified by the BVI Financial Controller within the Finance function including cover and support for other roles within the team.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with accounting/book keeping
- Part Qualified or studying ACCA/CIMA preferred.
- Associates degree (or equivalent) in an Accounting related subject
- Intermediate Excel expertise (i.e. v-lookup, pivot tables)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and manage various projects at once
- Self-starter with ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Dynamics preferred but not essential
Working with us:
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
This is a 6 month fixed term contract, but there may be the option to extend or take on a permanent role.