Tailormade is one of five operating divisions of Travelopia, the only collection of travel brands of this kind in the world with a portfolio exclusively focussed on specialist travel. At Tailormade we are striving to be a leading provider of inspirational tailor-made travel experiences. At our core, we’re dedicated travellers, just like you, who are inspired to see more of the world. Come and join us to create memories that will last a lifetime.
We are now searching for an ambitious and driven Travel Sales Consultant to join our Sales team. Based in Leeds our Travel Sales Consultants are responsible for curating memorable holiday itineraries by using their in-depth knowledge to provide an unforgettable experience. They are highly motivated, enthusiastic and proactive with a thirst for sales and travelling.
What you’ll be doing
- Speaking with customers and travel agents to create truly tailor-made and exciting holiday itineraries
- Proactively following up on warm sales leads
- Use probing questions to ensure you fully understand the customers’ requirements
- Use a variety of systems to book all elements of the customer’s holiday
- Continuously looking for sales opportunities and drive repeat business
- Work towards sales targets
What we are looking for:
- Extensively travelled around the region you are applying for. This could be on holidays to the region, backpacking during your gap year or even lived in the country but we are looking for people who have experienced the destination like a local.
- Having previous sales experience would be preferred as we like our Travel Sales Consultant to have a real hunger for closing the sale. There isn’t a requirement to have worked in the travel industry.
- Competitive with a hunger to win
- Assertive and leads from the front
- Persuasive to close the sale
- Resilient with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A 4-week tried, and tested induction programme are your first steps within your development plan.
- You will be offered a trip to the destination you will be specialising in at the end of your induction programme to really understand the Hayes & Jarvis product offering
- Sales and System training continue throughout your time at Hayes & Jarvis in order for you to move through your career path
- Regular supplier training and events occur throughout the year to further increase your destination knowledge
- Annual objectives will be set and reviewed quarterly to ensure you are developing your career, whether that’s within the sales team or if future opportunities appear within Travelopia
- Working very closely with your Sales Manager you will be given the support you need to be successful within your role during your probationary period
Our Leeds based Travel Sales Consultants earn a basic salary which rises after probation plus uncapped commission. The basic salary rises depending on annual performance. The uncapped commission earnings will see your salary increase sustainably and is linked to your performance.
We have extensive benefits on offer including:
- Annual leave starting at 25 days which increases with service
- Educational programme – taking you to our destinations!
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts from high street retailers
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit in the office
- Top performer’s trips
- A thriving company culture with annual Christmas parties and many socials in-between