Are you looking for an accounting role but within an industry that interests you?
Do you happen to enjoy sailing or powerboating in amazing countries around the world?
Who doesn’t love to travel?!
The position of the Senior Yachts Sales & Ownership Financial Accountant is a key role within the financial analysis and planning team and offers the opportunity to progress within the business. This position is involved in the support of the global yacht sales team as well as the monthly processing of yacht sales related items for the income statement and balance sheet accounts. The role will report directly to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis- Yacht Sales and Ownership.
The Yachts business is an extremely exciting part of the Marine businesses operating a global fleet of over 900 boats, selling both Yachts and Charter holidays to a worldwide market under the brands Sunsail, The Moorings and Leopard. The position is a key role within the financial analysis and planning team and offers the opportunity to progress within the business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the review and analysis of revenue, cost of sale and gross margin related to the various type of yacht sales (Guaranteed Income, Finance, Leopard, Used and Brokerage).
- Responsibility for the income statement and balance sheet control for yacht sales-related accounts as assigned. Ensuring all accounts are fully reconciled on a monthly basis and all the accuracy, completeness and existence of all balances are confirmed providing analysis and support to the Yacht Sales staff within the United States sales offices (Clearwater, Florida and Fort Lauderdale, Florida).
- Assisting in the development of business financial processes and ensuring they are implemented and regularly maintained.
- Undertaking any other duties relevant to the key tasks and responsibilities identified by the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis- Yacht Sales and Ownership.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting
- Previous experience in the accounting field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/Certified Management Accountant (CMA); current or perusing preferred
- Strong general ledger and general journal skills as well as a good understanding of intercompany relationships
- Experience with foreign currencies and working with multiple entities
- Intermediate Excel expertise (i.e. v-lookup, pivot tables)
- Proactivity and someone looking for improvement on a consistent basis and taking responsibility for implementing identified improvements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and manage various projects at once
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite preferred
- Experience with SAP, HFM, Dynamics AX 9.0 and Business Objects is beneficial
- A passion for holidays and travel is a big advantage
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.