The ideal candidate shares our passion for travel and has a demonstrated success in supporting customers who have purchased luxury travel products and services. Strong customer service skills, and an ability to rapidly build rapport with prospects and guests over the phone and email is also essential.
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The Adventure Division constitutes Zegrahm Expeditions, International Expeditions, Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands.
What you will be doing:
- Dealing with all client questions and requests pre travel, by phone and email.
- Delivering the majority of post-sales written and phone communication and ensuing actions with clients in your area.
- Booking extra services and special requests: hotels, transfers.
- Taking responsible for any booking in your area from the end of the sales call to the end of the holiday
- Keeping your clients informed and updated of all changes to flights and itineraries (in conjunction with other departments)
- Collating and distributing pre-departure paperwork and information as required
- Managing availability / room allocation for your trips
- Priority processing of late bookings and turnarounds
- Taking payment and sending updated documentation for extra services arranged post-sales
- Managing the administration of all group visas, permits and tourist cards.
- Processing client cancellations
- Chasing missing passenger details when required
- Delivering supplier communications to ensure all services are provided as booked.
- Working closely with flight operations team on flight related issues relating to clients travelling in your area.
- Helping to co-ordinate and manage any crisis situations in your area
- Creating, checking and sending of Tour Manifests to suppliers.
What we are looking for:
- Strong geographical knowledge and a passion for adventure travel
- Excellent communicator
- Has high standards of customer service and attention to detail
- Has a strong positive character and is used to dealing with pressure
- Ambitious and keen to progress and develop their own career
- Likes to get their sleeves rolled up and be involved
- Knowledge of Amadeus / Galileo GDS system useful
- Ability to present effectively using Powerpoint (beneficial)
- Team player who enjoys working as part of a friendly & happy team
- Able to show initiative and good at problem solving
- Previous customer facing role essential
- Good travel experience
- Competence in dealing with client requests and questions efficiently
- Confidence when dealing with client complaints
- Needs to be flexible, willing to work weekends and late shifts