The Head of Safety will lead customer safety policies and processes across the Travelopia Adventure Division business units.
This is a multi-brand role, overseeing customer safety across a wide range of products from land-based small group tours featuring trekking, cycling and winter, to self-guided walking and cycling holidays in Europe, to luxury marine expeditions to the remoter parts of the world including the Polar regions.
As well as ensuring high levels of safety for customers and staff taking part in these adventures, this role is responsible for compliance with wider Travelopia policy and procedures to ensure the brands and the parent company are suitably protected from the business risks of operating adventure travel.
What you will be doing
As the Head of Safety you will be responsible for:
Safety leadership and policy
- Lead safety culture and practices across all adventure brands, working with Directors and product and operations managers to ensure all applicable roles understand their responsibilities and have the appropriate resources in place to effectively deliver them.
- Business Unit risk profiling. To understand the risk in each brand or product range so that policies and audit and compliance activities appropriately manage the key risks.
- Create and maintain accurate and appropriate Safety Management System (SMS) documentation for all business units.
- Ensure detailed and specific safety policy and procedures remain up to date, relevant and well understood around all business units.
Delivery of on the ground safety across the product range
- Ensuring each brand meets their safety requirements on a day to day basis as outlined in the applicable SMS consistently and appropriately across their product range.
- Ensuring that proactive trip risk assessment and supplier audit targets are set, tracked and met.
- Ensuring that specific risks are appropriately identified and managed, including reactive logging and investigation and formal post-incident reviews.
- Escalation and sign-off of key risks with the Directors as appropriate.
Compliance and reporting
- Reporting on Health and Safety strategy progress and targets and wider compliance issues.
- Oversight of Adventure Division incident reporting to Exodus board and to Travelopia board.
- Reacting to new policies, H&S tasks or requirements set by Travelopia team.
What we are looking for
Essential experience and skills
- Management experience at a senior level.
- Proven experience in the management of Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Direct or indirect experience of active or adventure travel.
- Excellent written skills to ensure policy and requirements are clearly documented and explained to all stakeholders.
- An excellent eye for detail.
Desirable experience and skills
- Formal health and safety qualifications.
- Direct experience of tour operating.
- Experience of business compliance and due diligence
Working with us
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and South East Asia , we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, trekking and more.
Join us and in return, you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities