We are at an exciting juncture and the Health & Safety function is undergoing positive transformation and we need an experienced and dynamic manager to drive and support this new phase of development across the organisation. You will be the go-to person and Travelopia expert on employee & workplace safety.
What you will be doing
As Safety Excellence Manager (Employee) you will be responsible for:
- Managing, developing & supporting the safety excellence plan with a laser-sharp focus on employee and workplace safety.
- Driving and delivering strategic plans & initiatives across central functions and within each of the core businesses.
- Business partnering with operations, product, people and safety leads in each of the core businesses.
- Working collaboratively with other central functions e.g. legal & compliance, I.T. , people, risk, aviation.
- Conducting periodic reviews, reporting and in-depth analysis and oversight to Travelopia Board/KKR routinely and upon request.
- Ensuring robust incident management plans are in place, continuously improving, consistent with central policy and resilience tested periodically.
- Supporting businesses with the management of serious incidents (including out of hours support) and ensuring procedures and reporting tools are continuously improving.
- Ensuring robust safety management systems are in place (for employees & workplaces), continuously improving, consistent with central policy and audited periodically.
- Providing businesses with safety training services and support (via content online and other channels) that is targeted based on needs, effective and procured/deployed efficiently. Propose and develop a roadmap for mandatory training.
- Maintaining a central repository / library of safety-related information and content to promote ease of access and sharing whilst acting as the “Guardian” for Travelopia procedural templates and policy.
- Escalating risks and concerns to the Head of Safety Excellence and ensuring that risks are captured accurately on the appropriate risk register.
- Responsibilities are not exhaustive and therefore flexibility from the post-holder will be required from time to time.
What we are looking for
- A qualified occupational health & safety professional with experience of working in an organization of a similar size and one that is complex and global.
- Someone who is able to work collaboratively and can successfully influence to get things done.
- Previous experience in the tourism/leisure/hospitality industry essential, marine industry advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of managing change, improving results, driving performance & efficiencies.
- Passion for travel and / or adventurous activities.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel internationally.
- Full driving license with ability to drive overseas on business travel.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic with a mature and confident approach.
- Ability to cope with pressure and work in a fast-paced environment with a refined ability to manage priorities.
- Experience of successfully developing processes and systems.
- Excellent communication and PC skills (MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to work with deadlines, targets and objectives.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative.
- Safety qualification with membership to relevant professional body.
- Training qualifications and/or auditing experience advantageous.
- Foreign languages advantageous – English essential.